Sunday, November 6, 2011

DOCTORS and NURSES party !!!!

Halloween has just finished but I will still speak about costumes...
My husband and I were invited yesterday for a costume party at a friend's new appartement.
The theme was: "Doctors, nurses and babies". In fact the building where he lives is a former hospital from the 50's and his appartement was the nursery and the delivery room of this hospital...

And here are the costumes we wore for this party....
 
I was "Nurse Betty"...

and my husband was "Captain Ed. POWELL".
We already owned these clothes which have nothing to do with medical but it was easy to look like a nurse and a WWII doctor with some homemade accessories...




Just in front of the former delivery room, the panel was still there...


The doctors were there...


and there were "HUGE" babies to care of...

 

I tried to be a good nurse...


But it didn't work!
My true character and "love" for children quickly came back...


I had also a speacial patient to take care of...

"I think he needs some medications..."

My 50's medications seems to be expired...

  And the Florence Nightingale's syndrome happened once again !!!



What do you think about our party ?
Do you like costume yourself ?

3 comments:

  1. Bonjour!

    What a great party and your costumes are fun!

    I recently discovered your blog and love it! Your style is superb.
    I also dress in vintage clothes every day. I even have taken up sewing to make dresses from vintage patterns. My favorite decades are 30s, 40s, 50s, and very early 60s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to follow my quite new blog! I started only 3 months ago. I love when people write comments in order to better know my readers. If there is no comments I can think that nobody read it...
    Very few people wear vintage everyday in FRANCE and I'm happy to know other people like me!
    I really would like to know how to sew but I cannot find time to do it. How many time did you need to be able to know how to sew from vintage patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is quite a slow process to learn how to sew for me. I am practically teaching myself from books and internet. I started with an apron from the 40s and made two of them. Then I have made two skirts, the first one is not so great, but I love the second one a lot! Now I am working on a pair of pants and it is a modern VOGUE pattern, but very similar to 1930s style with wide legs and very high waist. They are coming out well so far. I think the key is to start with simple patterns and make a trial version of the pattern from muslin, before you cut in to your fashion fabric. So, I just try to be patient and work slowly and diligently.
    Unfortunately it does take time but in the end it's worth it because one can make things as needed. Also, since you get to choose color of fabric and so on, you can really coordinate your wardrobe!
    I find your style amazing! It takes a strong individuality to wear clothes that so very few people wear! But what a great reward that is! You get to look unique and so beautiful!

    Also, I am a Russian girl, who lives in U.S. and I only here discovered my love for vintage style. In Russia NOBODY wears vintage. Every one wants modern things! How boring is that!?!But considering its history, it is very understandable.
    I am looking forward to your future stylish posts!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete