Sunday, July 22, 2012

SUN is back !!!

After an awfull spring and a rainy cold summer, sun finally came back!!!!


And what to do on a sunny Sunday morning????


Going to flea markets of course!


It was not really hot but it's so good to feel the sun....


We didn't find much but it was a pleasure to meet friends.

  
I chose to wear navy blue and red, one of my favorite colors combination.


My husband is holding here one of my find of the day, I will show you what it is in a next post...

  

Sun is always a good excuse to go out with one of my vintage straw hats, I love these kind of large hats!!! These glasses are vintage from the 40's (flea market find).


What a pleasure to live in FRANCE and be able to go to a bakery and buy some tasty pastries for a street breakfast!!!!


Mmmmmmm!!!!


My husband is also a big gourmand....


I must tell you the story behind this hat.... I bought it some months ago in a german flea market, the old lady who sold it to me told me that she bought it during her honey moon in Italia in the early 50's.


This 50's dress is from the same US friend than my previous post. The 50's sweater was a suit but the skirt was in bad condition.


I found this 40's basket purse for 2 euros some years ago. Love it because it's so large that you can put about everything in it....


Do you wear straw hats in summer?
Do you want to know what we find this week-end?



9 comments:

  1. I would love to go through your closet, I bet you would beat my 365 day challenge. I've been to Paris once and I will never forget the pastries, the best I have ever had!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! I like large hats. They are quite fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely want to know what you bought! I want to know if you ended up buying the purse your husband is holding (4th pic) and I also can't wait to see what's in the box! I love finding older things in their original packaging.

    I love absolutely everything about your outfit. It's wonderful! And your husband's sweater is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is a proper, fantastic flea market! We have nothing around these parts that even comes remotely close to this, let alone that's so chock-a-block full of awesome vintage pieces. You've got me swooning and daydreaming about forgein flea market over here for sure, dear gal!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too Jessica! I love large straw hats, and wear one even in winter here as the sun is so strong - I don't have a vintage one yet though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love straw hats - they're just classy and fabulous. I had my white/blue hat with me on our holidays in Spain. I love the white/blue combination as well^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really love your kitty brooch! and that hat is great. i've been on the lookout for a good straw hat but haven't found one yet. i love it that it was bought on a honeymoon, seems like good luck to me, having something that was bought during such a happy time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit...I love the hat! I can't wait for winter to be over here in Australia so I can start wearing straw hats :)
    x Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally summer, finally dry outdoor fleamarkets:-)
    By the way, your lovely blog won a "lovely blog award"!
    http://susansdiaryvintagestylemeets.blogspot.de/2012/07/blog-award-time.html

    ReplyDelete