Wednesday, October 17, 2012

New WINTER BOOTS...

As many vintage lovers who are living in cold winter areas, finding wearable vintage boots is a big problem!!!


After a sunny saturday, our week-end finished under rain, a lot of rain...


Perfect to wear for the first time my new Miss L Fire Havana boots... I hesitated a long moment before buying them because they were quite pricey... I finally got them with 10% off with free shipping...


Those gloves are so lovely, found in VLV vintage market in april.


This brown bakelite charm bracelet is one of my favorites!


Do you know the brooches from the french designer Lea Stein? They are so gorgeous, but usually expensive. This dog is one of her designs found in a local thrift store for 1 euro...


This 40's hat comes from an Antique Mall in Las Vegas, bought 4 years ago.


The only thing I like about rainy days is too be able to carry on an umbrella...


To speak more about those pretty boots... they are comfy and warm! I think it will be a big hit among vintage gals this winter because it's so hard to find stylish winter boots nowadays! I think they are almost sold out everywhere...


I forgot to pictured for you my fur earrings which were a perfect match with those boots...

And Mister, what was he wearing????


A classic gray vintage 50's style, simple and elegant, as usual!!!!


What kind of footwear are you using for winter?
Is fall a rainy season like us where you live?


22 comments:

  1. The boots look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic! I love Lea Stein brooches. I've been dying to get my hands on one of her fairy brooches, but like you said, they are SO expensive. The boots are gorgeous. We have a lot of rain and snow here in St Louis so I wear furry vintage boots and vintage galoshes to protect my pretties. Your purse is amazing! I have a similar one in green. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, they are lovely. I live in Denmark, and we get LOTS of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. très jolies ces boots Miss L Fire ! Je les avais repérées aussi ;-) mais comment sont-elles niveau qualité ? Je n'ai encore jamais acheté des shoes chez eux...
    Bisous !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J'ai plusieurs paires de chez eux et franchement la qualité est bonne, elles sont aussi confortables. C'est vrai que c'est pas donné, mais des botines cuir en boutique sont aussi vite à plus de 100 euros.

      Delete
  5. Your boots are GORGEOUS!!!!! I love them! You look so darling in that soft toned outfit. My goodness - I am always drooling over what cute outfits you put together - you have ME wanting to dress RETRO!! I don't even know where I would find retro clothing around my neck of the woods! LOL I no longer buy new clothing, but prefer to find things in a thrift stores. But I don't ever see these kinds of pretty retro things you wear. Your husband always looks totally sharp, too. You guys are a perfectly groomed pair!!! Hmmmmm ... I may just have to peek around and see what MIGHT be out there in bargainland!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also start with buying clothes in thrift stores and 10 years ago I had no vintage fashion blogs to inspire me, so I looked at vintage magazines for hours...

      Delete
  6. I have been coveting those boots since I saw the line come out a few months ago. Are they super comfortable and warm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are comfy, they are warmer than shoes but no fur inside. So for winter in my area they will be enought with wool stocking but for Canadian or North European winters they will probably not enough.

      Delete
  7. You look fantasic. I love the outfits, the purses,... everything!!
    Could you tell me the brand of the dance shoes in the autumn stroll post?

    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pencilskirt and cardigan are lovely and so versatile to combine outfits. At winter I use ankle boot and boots. Now I find victorian twineshoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So incredibly lovely! Those boots are all kinds of vintage shoe heaven! I've been on the hunt for a 40s or 50s pair of winter footwear for years in my size (and price range), to no avail. The search continues though - they're one of those items that's on my "vintage holy grail" list at this point. Most years I just use dark black, plain 80s to modern snow boots or for slightly warmer, less snowy days, Victorian inspired lace up granny boots.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am thoroughly jealous that it's cold enough for you to wear fall clothing. It's currently 90 degrees here in Los Angeles. My coats and wool pieces are crying out for attention!

    Also, this blog entry totally reminds me of this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpIyxcr8kSo

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHOOPS, wrong one

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH-qmrCQcms

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh you look so lovely! I've seen several bloggers with those lovely boots and I'm super jealous. I usually just wear some kind of lace up oxford in the winter time but I'd love to have a pair of darling boots.

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word your outfits are impeccable, incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been dying for a pair of these!! They look marvelous! And your outfit is just perfect! I simply adore it!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  15. J'ai pris ces bottines en vert, pas encore eu l'occasion de les porter en revanche :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. may i borrow your husband?? he's so handsome

    ReplyDelete
  17. After all, we know that not every woman needs heavy-duty boots that can take on ... to keep your feet warm, dry, and happy all winter long and for many winters to come. Best warmest winter boots for all your winter needs

    ReplyDelete